This Atlanta coronavirus update discusses what “essential service” means (and doesn’t mean) for Atlanta real estate. And how we are helping our clients in this challenging time.
Best Atlanta Properties is following guidelines established by both the City of Atlanta and the National Association of Realtors®.
Atlanta has deemed real estate as an “essential service”
So, technically quite a bit of real estate business as usual is permitted.
However, while licensed real estate agents are “essential”, our buyer, seller and renter clients are not. And per the City, should stay home.
What we are not doing
The National Association of Realtors® has made strong recommendations to real estate brokerages which we are following.
Specifically, to protect the public, our clients and ourselves, we are not having:
- face-to-face client meetings
- in-person showings
- open houses
What we are doing
That said, we are still getting the job done for our clients. We’ve always been a virtual brokerage using the latest technology to assist our clients.
Here are a few of our “work-arounds” to keep everyone safe during the buying or selling process.
- Live-stream video walk-through tours using WhatsApp, Skype, FaceTime, etc. You can ask us questions live as we take you through the property. Want to open that door? Ask about something you see? No problem! It’s the next best thing to being there.
- Feel like browsing current listings? Start your search here.
- We manage everything virtually.
- Matterport 3D tour technology and floor plans to give buyers a strong understanding of what makes your home special.
- See what else we offer sellers here.
Technology makes it all happen
Furthermore, we handle the following documents electronically as is our normal practice:
- Listing agreements
- Purchase contracts
Inspections and appraisals are also managed without face-to-face meetings. And now even closings can be as well.
In short, you really can buy or sell an Atlanta property without face-to-face meetings, in-person showings or open houses.
Stay safe & healthy
Finally, these are difficult times for sure. And we are all working through them together.
If you have questions or need assistance, talk with us.
Thanks for reading the Atlanta Real Estate Coronavirus Update. We hope you found it helpful.
For more information about Coronavirus Covid-19 visit the Center For Disease Control for the latest information.
We wish you and your family continued good health.
Dave & Jeff